Thursday, April 23, 2009

RE post of Internet Saftey :)

For the last article I read a piece written by William C. Porter called "I have a question". He is a Brigham Young University professor and this article was published in the church magazine the Ensign in March 2001. The most important thing that I learned from this article was the three steps to protect one from harmful Internet experiences. They are: parental awareness, family rules and filtering. He also said that the most effective protection is self discipline. I can use this to apply it into my own future family and current family still at home. I am going to encourage them to openly discuss family rules of the internet and have my mom learn more about the internet so she will know what my siblings are doing.
For the second part of the assignment I talked to my little brother who is fourteen years old. I informed him about the LDS website on how to avoid negative media influences. We talked most about the internet and how to protect himself while he in on the internet. We also talked about our family rules and made sure that they were clear. This was a positive experience. He is very tech savvy as well as safety internet savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment